Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
NKF (National Kidney Federation) have the latest news and advice for kidney patients on their website.
NKF are now selling highly visible social distancing lanyards to wear to remind members of the public about the need to be considerate when out and about. See News page for more details and how to order.
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
We have set up a new Facebook Group:
looking for patients (and family members/ carers etc) who attend the Sheffield Unit or its satellites.
We have started a small confidential group to discuss Sheffield and also share news and information based upon Sheffield. It is clear during the COVID outbreak information is different from other units and it can get confusing. We would like the input of as many people as possible so that we can get a clear picture of what is happening during this crisis.
Click here to visit / join the Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sakasheffield
To read the Autunm 2020 edition of Kidney Life, the magazine produced by the National Kidney Federation please click here.
To download the latest In Touch Newsletter click the link below
SAKA is funding information and advice sessions on benefits for renal patients. These are available at the NGH Renal Unit and at Heeley Satellite Unit