Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
NKF (National Kidney Federation) have the latest news and advice for kidney patients on their website.
Locally, there are several organisations offering help and support:
AGE UK Sheffield will be running a food delivery service for vulnerable people who are self isolating. Basic packages of food essentials will be provided free of charge (but donations are welcome)
Phone: 0114 250 2850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CovidMutualAid have a network of Mutual Aid Groups run by volunteers.
Enter your town/city or postcode on the following website to find your nearest Group:
Voluntary Action Sheffield have a list of organisations offering help and support:
lLocal Councils are also offering help and support and it is worth checking their websites for regular updates:
Sheffield City Council have a community reponse helpline for Sheffield residents with any queries related to coronavirus. This is open 8.45 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. Monday to Friday :
0114 273 4567
Rotherham Borough Council: Click here for website
Emergency helpline for immediate help: 01709 807319
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council: Click here for website
Chesterfield Borough Council: Click here for website
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
SAKA is funding information and advice sessions on benefits for renal patients. These are available at the NGH Renal Unit and at Heeley Satellite Unit