Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
NKF (National Kidney Federation) have the latest news and advice for kidney patients on their website.
NKF are also working with other colleagues in the renal community to ensure information is up to date.
At the National Kidney Federation KPA day on 27 March, there were updates on the impact of Covid-19 on dialysis and transplant patients.
WHERE TO GET HELP AND ADVICE
The NKF Helpline is there to talk to kidney patients and give advice:
0800 169 0936 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield Community Helpline: 0114 273 4567 for any enquiries or if you need help with shopping, medicine etc.
Sheffield Mind have a conversation and signposting service for people aged 50+ experiencing anxiety, loneliness or isolation 0114 312 2209 email: email@example.com
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
SAKA Facebook Group:
Patients (and family members/ carers etc) who attend the Sheffield Unit or its satellites are welcome to join this small confidential group to discuss Sheffield and also share news and information based upon Sheffield.
Click this link to visit / join the Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sakasheffield