Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
Have you experienced delays in being discharged from hospital due to waiting for medication from the pharmacy ?
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
SAKA Facebook Group:
Patients (and family members/ carers etc) who attend the Sheffield Unit or its satellites are welcome to join this small confidential group to discuss Sheffield and also share news and information based upon Sheffield.
Click this link to visit / join the Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sakasheffield
Kidney Life is the magazine produced by the National Kidney federation.
To read the Summer 2021 edition of Kidney Life please click here
To read the Spring 2021 edition of Kidney Life please click here
To read the Winter 2020 edition of Kidney Life please click here.
To download the latest In Touch Newsletters click the links below