Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
To read the Autumn 2019 edition of Kidney Life, the magazine produced by the National Kidney Federation please click here.
FREE INFORMATION AND ADVICE SESSIONS
SAKA is funding information and advice sessions for renal patients. These will be every Tuesday at NGH Renal Unit.
SAKA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday 30 September
PostGraduate Common Room, Medical Education Centre, Northern General Hospital
Doors open 6.30 p.m. Meeting 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
NKF Annual Patients’ Event 2019
40 Years and Beyond
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
4th and 5th October