Your Local Kidney Charity Run By Patients For The Direct Beneﬁt of Patients
SAKA is a registered charity, number 506386.
SAKA was formed in 1976 to help kidney patients and their families cope with kidney failure and to help fund research
into kidney disease.
100% of all funds raised by SAKA are for the beneﬁt of renal patients who are cared for by the Sheﬃeld Kidney institute. We are the ONLY local kidney charity run by patients that provides grants and support direct to patients and their families.
We help renal patients directly by providing financial support for the following:
* To purchase essential items when times are hard
* To meet certain holiday treatment costs for dialysis patients
* To meet visitors’ travel costs when patients are hospitalised
* We part-fund our Sheffield Team members at the British and World Transplant Games
* We support research at the Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
* Represent Patients’ views directly to the Renal Directorate Management Team
* Support the National Kidney Federation (NKF) to provide Patient Information Leaflets and a Free Helpline
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MONDAY 24 th SEPTEMBER
Our AGM is on its way and we will make the most amazing announcement that will transform the Charity, so ensure you are at the Northern General Hospital to witness this great moment in our history. We need members to attend to help us shape our future.
This should not be missed.
FREE INFORMATION AND ADVICE SESSIONS
SAKA is funding information and advice sessions for renal patients. These will be every Tuesday at NGH Renal Unit.
24 September: SAKA AGM Come and hear how we intend to help renal patients in the future
July 2018 David Marshall's London to Paris Cycle Ride
2 -5 August British Transplant Games, Birmingham.
19-21 October NKF Conference, Blackpool Hilton